Friday, February 19, 2010

Practical Use of Derby Blocking...

So not once but TWICE this week I've called upon my knowledge of blocking to get people the heck out of my way.

Picture it...You're at Mardi Gras taking in a parade everyone around you is in great "spirits" including yours truly. You're catching beads, drinking beers, kissing the hubby when all of a sudden drunk girl forces her way through the crowd and is suddenly right next to you. Not just chillin have a good time like everyone else but in your face, drunk, screaming, dancing and bumping in to everyone including the families with kids. What do you do???

-I started off being nice but after the second time she bumped into me I channeled my "take no prisoners" Hero Femifist and decided to play with her a bit. First I just started with a little bit of a hip block just holding her still. Well that didn't hold her long so I leaned into her for a good couple of minutes. which worked wonders until she decided she needed a new beer....

Now there aren't many rules in New Orleans, even less during Margi Gras, but the cannon law the one that must NOT be broken is glass bottles. Guess what she brought back. Yep a glass bottle of beer. Now I'm not a tree hugger ( well I kinda am) but I'm not against glass bottles. I'm against broken glass and my feet.

So I was forced to take drastic action....I knew she put the bottle down to catch beads the next time a float got close...and she did. Right about that moment I hip checked the mess out of her, took the bottle and threw it away.

Thank goodness she got the message she went to the middle of neutral ground and calmed the heck down. But really people? Sure go out have fun get drunk...I do. But don't get gross and sloppy you never know if there's a derby girl next to you!

More to follow.

2 comments:

  1. he, he! Way to go, littermate!
    Love,
    DangerKitty the Therapissed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call! I'd have done the same thing.

    Do you ever get so frustrated while driving that you have to remind yourself that you can't "check" the other cars on the road? I do.

    ReplyDelete