Sunday, February 21, 2010

OH That's right...

Remembered something today. Skating is suppose to be FUN! I hit up the rink on a non-practice day to just skate some laps and work on my elusive crossover. I had a BLAST! Met Brigitte there and Brandy was having her daughter's birthday party today. And we just had fun! I skated tons of laps and prolly did more crossovers ( or attempts anyway) than ever before. We did silly dances and dodged babies and just in general had a great time.
What dawned on me is this is why I was intrigued with derby in the first place. I LOVE to skate. I love feeling like I'm flying with the wind in my hair. I love rolling around like a goof ball and pretending I have rhythm. I love cheesy roller skate music.
For a minute there I was letting some BS ( most of my own doing) get in the way of the fact that I LOVE ROLLERDERBY! Today I was reminded....

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for cheesy music! Glad you had fun. I was tempted to come over when I saw you guys would be there but was just too tired from all we did this week. Now I wish I would have went too!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Keep your head up! You are going to be a force to be reckoned with very soon!

    ReplyDelete